Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's snowing in Sicily!

 
Ok, you may not be able to see it too well, but if you zoom in on the darker parts of the picture you'll see dust like flakes of snow. 

It only lasted a few minutes (the sun came out a second later, and the snowy cloud drifted away) and it didn't even make it to the ground before it turned into rain, but I can't tell you how excited these few ice crystals made me.

But to give you a vague impression of my behavior, imagine a maniac dancing on a balcony in big fluffy green pajamas, squealing with delight.

It's no white Christmas, but I'll take what I can get.

4 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, it often used to snow where I lived with my parents (alongside Mount Etna, elevation about 400 meters). Now I live in downtown Catania; my parents still live there but nowadays it seldom snows. If you want plenty of snow, though, you gotta go up Mount Etna, right now it is as white as it can get :P

    Davide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've been on Etna to play in the snow a couple times. It's very wet snow though! I grew up with very cold dry snow that was difficult to melt. My next ambition is to get AmoreMio to go skiing with me on Etna :-) We haven't been yet, but I hear it's quite good.

      Delete
  2. Of course it's snowing here in Colorado and I plan to take full advantage. Cheers Haley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, go sledding and skiing for me! And don't forget to make a snow angel :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...