Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gucciarduni

Gucciarduni, a.k.a. "sweet-goodness-that-I-never-want-to-know-the-nutritional-information-for".

A common pastry made in Sommatino, near Caltanissetta, which is why I really cannot fathom why I'm only finding out about them NOW after living here for three years.

In short: Cakey shortbread filled with sweet ricotta, baked, rolled in honey and toasted almonds, and dusted with powdered sugar.

 Result: crumbs and powdered sugar all over my face as I try to suppress moans of indecent enthusiasm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog googling around- I too am an American girl married to a nisseno. We dont live in CL but are there very often. We should totally get coffee when we are in town next time. Would love to get an outsiders view of living in Caltanissetta!! Heres my email address: megan_mcdonnell94@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a recipe for Gucciarduni ? sure would like one . Thanks

    Heres my email address ldychef@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...