Thursday, October 4, 2012

Corvo Duetto Rosso


Corvo is easily my favorite line of Sicilian wines, especially their Glicine white, which was until recently my all time favorite wine.

Lately however, I have found my tastes straying more confidently into the realm of strong red wines, and I believe that the new Duetto outstrips any red wine I have ever tasted.

True, my sadly limited experience of wine has been restricted to the cheaper end of the scales, but that's what makes it so awesome. Great taste for just 5.99.

Duetto, as the name would indicate, is a combination of two wines: Frappato and Syrah. I assume this is achieved by mixing the two varieties of grapes before the wine making process. Or at least I hope. I'd feel a little stupid paying them just for pouring two wines into the same bottle.



I have tasted Syrah, which is a dry red reminiscent (at least to me) of Nero D'Avola. Though I haven't tasted Frappato I must assume that it is a sweet wine, because the taste of Duetto isn't nearly as dry as a Syrah.

So, in short, it's good stuff, it's relatively cheap, if it exists in your country give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...